Half an hour even encounter two children eat snacks choking, remind: winter vacation continues, do not stop protection

2022-05-28 0 By

During the Spring Festival, the emergency department of Wuhan Children’s Hospital received many small children.Changjiang Daily reporter Wang Chunlan take Changjiang Daily big Wuhan client on February 6 (reporter Wang Chunlan correspondent Gao Chenchen) How urgent is the Spring Festival children emergency?6, released during the Spring Festival of wuhan children’s hospital emergency departments summary: from the New Year’s eve to people, daily encounters with about 300 people, including respiratory infections, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and other digestive tract diseases and fall, sprain, falling injury and other acute trauma, airway foreign bodies, gastrointestinal tract, carbon monoxide poisoning, and so on and so forth.Among them, only on February 2, the afternoon of the second day of the Chinese New Year, the emergency department in half an hour in a row treated two children who were choking on snacks.Experts remind that children are still in the holiday, the baby should pay attention to care, to strengthen safety education for school-age children.A 1-year-old boy named Niuniu (pseudonym) was taken by his parents to wuhan Children’s Hospital for emergency treatment just after 2 PM on Sunday.In the morning, relatives helped to take care of the children and fed Niuniu raisins. Niuniu was choked and coughed for a long time, and her face turned red.Mother put Niu Niu on her lap and patted him on the back. Niu Niu spat out some raisin residue.Then home nearby hospital film, the results showed that the child’s main bronchus still had foreign body, the family rushed to the children’s hospital.Just 20 minutes later, huihui (not her real name), a girl aged 1 and 3 months, was rushed to the emergency room.Around 7 p.m. the previous night, She choked on peanuts and turned purple.Parents rushed to her heimlich rescue, the child coughed up peanuts.But on the morning of The 2nd, Hui Hui suddenly became short of breath and had to go to the hospital for a check-up.The results showed huihui also had a foreign body in her windpipe.After checking nucleic acid, blood test, electrocardiogram, at 7 o ‘clock in the evening, two baby feet were sent to the operating room, ear, nose and throat doctors from their trachea out of the choking snacks.Du Wenhui, a doctor in the emergency department of the hospital, said that during the Spring Festival, relatives and friends gather more, and children have more opportunities to eat snacks. Once parents are slightly negligent, they may be stuck in the throat of snacks or choke into the trachea.During the Spring Festival, the emergency department saw many similar cases, most of which were children under 3 years old who had an accident while eating snacks such as peanuts, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds and raisins.Due to timely medical treatment, the foreign body was successfully removed.It was New Year’s Eve on January 31, and her parents were preparing to remove scale from a thermos bottle. Meng Meng (pseudonym), a 1-year-old girl, curiously picked up the detergent diluent and began drinking.By the time her parents found out, she had drunk about 150 milliliters.Her parents rushed her to wuhan Children’s Hospital for emergency treatment.Fortunately, the detergent is food grade fruit acid products, meng Meng also temporarily no toxic reaction, considering that she drank a large amount, the doctor prescribed drugs to protect the stomach.A 1-year-old boy who saw his grandmother eating health care products thought they were “sugar beans” and ate 12 at a stretch.Children under five take half a tablet at a time, but girls as young as three take several as snacks;The 10-year-old boy was sent to the hospital to have his stomach pumped.CAI Xiaofang, director of the hospital’s emergency department, said many children were treated for “eating the wrong thing” during the Spring Festival, most of which were caused by drugs or cleaning products that looked like ordinary food. Fortunately, there were no serious cases of poisoning.According to reports, during the Spring Festival, the emergency department of Wuhan Children’s Hospital receives about 300 children every day, from New Year’s Eve to the sixth noon, Hubei provincial pediatric medical Alliance also referred more than 30 critically ill children to the hospital.CAI Xiaofang introduced that the children who came to the emergency room during the Spring Festival included respiratory infections, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and other digestive tract diseases, various accidental injuries such as falls, sprains, falling injuries and other acute injuries, trachea foreign bodies, digestive tract foreign bodies, carbon monoxide poisoning and other cases.She reminded parents, children are still in the holiday, the baby should pay attention to care, to strengthen the safety education for school-age children.Chen Hebin, chief physician of respiratory medicine in the hospital, reminded parents to take their babies to places with more people in the near future.He introduced that winter is the high incidence of children’s respiratory diseases season, and children’s resistance is low, frequent going out will increase the probability of infection.The number of children with cold, cough, pneumonia and other respiratory diseases admitted during the Spring Festival is significantly higher than before, and more than half of them are sick after children go out frequently.He reminded parents that it is not necessary to gather less and take younger children to crowded places.Family members, relatives and friends should spend as little time as possible entertaining and contacting infants in close proximity, and be sure to take the initiative to wear masks to protect children’s health as much as possible.For more exciting content, please download the “Big Wuhan” client in each major application market.